Global Supply Chain Leadership Development Program (GSCLDP)
Improve life at home through your participation in Whirlpool Corporation’s unmatched supply chain strategy.
The core of this program enables our interns an in-depth understanding of the entire supply chain process – from identifying suppliers to manufacturing to distribution. Our Procurement, Logistics, and Manufacturing teams use state-of-the-art technology and a customer-centric Supply Chain Strategy to manage a global network and an unmatched trade partner order fulfillment process. In the full time program, participants have one rotation in each space: Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Procurement. Our internship offers a 12 week assignment in one of the three areas.
Background and experience
- Students and graduates in a Bachelor’s of Science program for Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics, Applied Engineering Sciences or Industrial Engineering
- Cumulative GPA needs to be at least 3.0/4/0
- Candidates who are involved on campus in organizations, preferably in a leadership role
- Prior Supply Chain and/or Procurement internship or co-op experience preferred, not required
- Candidates who understand and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Candidates who work well with others both as a team mate and leader
- Candidates who have excellent communications skills
Opportunities for you
Whirlpool Corporation’s Global Supply Chain Leadership Development Program is unique due to the three distinct rotations. Participants might be placed in our global or North American headquarters in Benton Harbor, Michigan or in one of our many locations throughout the U.S. for manufacturing or logistics.
Interns and full-time participants will work on challenging initiatives within functions like Logistics or Commodity Management, they might lead a Manufacturing project or even have a large supervisory role in rotation. Participants have interaction and development with Global Supply Chain leaders throughout the experience.