Whirlpool Engineering Rotational Leadership Development (WERLD)
Impactful assignments, global team projects, integrated training, coaching and mentoring–get ready to develop your engineering career.
The Whirlpool Engineering Rotational Leadership Development (WERLD) program is one of our most successful and longest running programs. WERLD is focused on developing a strong engineering foundation in order to prepare participants for the variety of career paths available within Whirlpool’s Global Product Organization. Program participants benefit from impactful assignments, global team projects, integrated training, potential for a technical Master’s degree and formal coaching and mentoring programs.
Background and experience
- Students and graduates of a Bachelor’s of Science program in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science Engineering, Materials or Chemical (ABET accredited) Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Demonstrated deep technical ability through classwork and project work
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- Actively involved in campus or community activities and organizations, preferably in leadership roles
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability and systems engineering mindset to solve challenging problems
- Ability to work with and lead teams
Opportunities for you
Whirlpool Corporation’s Engineering function is a key part of the Design, Development and launch of products that meet the needs of consumers world wide.
Our WERLD Interns & Engineers work on projects that directly impact our products. Whether that is within Mechanical, Electrical, Software or Chemical Engineering, our steering committee ensures that our WERLD participants have meaningful assignments that help them learn and grow.